Learn more about how thirdSelf collects and uses data and your rights as a thirdSelf user.
The legal bases for our processing of personal information are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Services and that the processing is carried out in our legitimate interests, which are further explained below. Without limiting the foregoing, we may on occasion ask you to consent when we collect, use, or disclose your personal information in specific circumstances.
In particular, our Site has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last 12 months:
The term “personal information” does not include:
- Publicly available information;
- or Deidentified or aggregate consumer information.
Use of Personal Information
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfill their employment duties will have access to it. We may use or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information;
- To provide the Site and Services to you and to other users of the Site and Services;
- To improve the quality of the Site and Services through polls, surveys and other similar feedback gathering activities conducted by ThirdSelf and/or third parties;
- To create, manage and control your account information, and to verify access rights to the Site and Services;
- To bill your account;
- To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different features and service options of the Site and/or Services;
- To protect against fraud or error, and to respond to claims of any violation of our rights or those of any third parties;
- To respond to your requests for customer service;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, us, our users and the public;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of thirdSelf’s assets, in which personal information held by thirdSelf is among the assets transferred.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information; and
- As required to comply with applicable laws or as authorized by applicable laws.
thirdSelf will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
Sharing Your Personal Information
thirdSelf may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We also take reasonable measures to ensure that these third parties provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties in order to access their services:
- Payments solutions such as Stripe and Paypal who will utilize your credit card and other payment information in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- thirdSelf’s registered API application providers, including Google Authenticator Service, Facebook Authenticator, etc..
- thirdSelf’s related, subsidiary, and affiliate companies.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category G: Geolocation data
General Data Protection Act
We may occasionally communicate with you regarding our products, services, news and events. You have the option to not receive this information. We provide an opt-out function within all email communications of this nature, or will cease to communicate with you for this purpose if you contact us and tell us not to communicate this information to you. The only kind of these communications that you may not “opt-out” of are those required to communicate announcements related to the Services, including information specific to your Account, planned Services suspensions and outages. We will attempt to minimize this type of communication to you.
Age of Consent
Neither the Site nor the Services are intended for children under 13 years of age, and no one under age 13 may provide any personal information to, on or through the Site or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to, on or through the Site or Services, make any purchases through the Site or Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the email address provided in the paragraph above.
Rights to Your Information
You have the right to access and edit your information at any time through the web interface provided as part of the Services. On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we hold, used or communicated and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law. However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information by mail or e-mail.
Under the GDPR, you may be entitled to additional rights, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to access your personal information and certain other supplementary information, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions; (v) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, processing is no longer necessary, are processing, or believe your personal information is inaccurate; (vi) the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vii) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions; (viii) the right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection.
Your California Privacy Rights
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform the Services.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.)
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provide it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at contact@thirdSelf.com.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person we collected personal information on.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable request does not require you to create an account with us.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to verifiable consumer requests within 45 days of receipt. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to you by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. If applicable, we will also provide reasons we cannot comply with your request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to a verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or unfounded. If we determine a fee is warranted, we will provide you with an estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years or age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you should not use the Services, as we are not technically able to ensure that your personal data will not be “sold” (as we currently understand that term to be defined under the CCPA).
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services.
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Site and/or Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to contact@thirdSelf.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in your email address in response.
Cookies and Log Files
Third Party Services You Agreed On
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Security and Retention
We will strive to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, however, no data transmission over the Internet, by wireless device or over the air is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices (based on the nature of the information we collect) to protect that information from unauthorized disclosure. We will continue to enhance security procedures as new technologies and procedures become available. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. Please remember that you control what personal information you provide while using the Site and Services.
Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your identification, passwords and/or any personal information in your possession for the use of the Site and/or Services. Always be careful and responsible regarding your personal information. We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them and you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the Site or Services. Similarly, we cannot assume any responsibility for the content of any personal information or other information which you receive from other users through the Site or Services, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any personal information or other information which you may receive using the Site or Services. We cannot guarantee, or assume any responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the personal information or other information provided by any third party. You release us from any and all liability in connection with the use of such personal information or other information of others. We will maintain your personal information for as long as they are needed, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
Changes to this Policy